Learn about the new Survey Process implemented by CMS in the fall of 2017. Survey readiness is a critical element of overall operational controls and is essential to success. The goal of understanding the nuts and bolts of the long-term care survey process is less about annual recertification and more about structural compliance. Facilities that maintain an approach of survey readiness are focused on key compliance elements and are consistently prepared for unannounced visits because of a complaint.
Maureen Kelly, RN, BSN, NHA
Senior Clinical Consultant
LW Consulting, Inc.
- Participants will understand the new long-term care survey process steps
- Participants will become familiar with the various worksheets, including the mandatory facility tasks and triggered tasks
- Participants will learn how to prepare for the new survey process
- Participants will recognize different elements of the survey process and how they will be applied to sampled residents
- Participants will learn best practices for achieving good survey outcomes under the new process
- Participants will understand the importance of using a framework focused on the intent and purpose of the requirements to help centers navigate successfully through the changes.
- Participants will identify key compliance areas under the new interpretive guidelines
Date: April 5, 2018
Time: 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM EDT
Register Now: https://https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-nuts-and-bolts-of-the-new-skilled-nursing-survey-process-tickets-43209211916