Now, more than ever, it is imperative that a nursing facility's Infection Control and Prevention Program is up-to-date and that facilities are implementing these measures to protect the safety and well-being of residents and staff.
Once an effective and efficient Infection Control and Prevention Program has been developed, facilities must continue to be diligent with reviewing and identifying any potential risks—all while providing ongoing staff education.
LW Consulting, Inc. offers the following services to help with your Infection Control and Prevention Program:
- Conduct an infection control mock survey using the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) survey tool.
- Provide assistance with developing, reviewing and providing feedback related to infection control policies and procedures.
- Conduct an environmental review for infection control, including housekeeping, laundry and dietary departments.
- Review infection control clinical documentation to determine if appropriate actions are taken.
- Provide education on infection control including surveillance data, donning and doffing personal protective equipment (PPE), hand washing, universal and transmission-based precautions, PPE usage, testing, reporting COVID-19 testing results, and employee return to work policies.
- Analyze surveillance data.
- Provide audits of antibiotic stewardship.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Infection Control and Prevention Program and report the results with follow-up education.
- Provide directed inservices for infection prevention and control deficiencies.
Fill out the form to request more information from one of our experts.