It’s hard to believe 2018 has ended and with this comes a change to the PA MA-11 Form. The changes will affect all Medicaid Cost Report Providers with a year ending of December 31, 2018 and after. Schedules impacted include: Certification Schedule, Schedule B and Validation Table.
- The Description of Document in Certification Schedule, PART II, Line 2a was changed to read:
If your facility is affiliated with another entity through ownership, management or contractual agreement submit a listing of the components of the entire entity. If the entity files a Medicare Home Office cost report, the Medicare Home Office report and the intermediary audit report with adjustments must be submitted with the MA-11, at audit, or when available.
A new column in Schedule B has been inserted between columns C and D: NURSING FACILITY MA HEALTHCHOICES.
- What was column D is now column E, column E is now column F and so forth.
- Schedule B, column B heading now reads “NURSING FACILITY MA FEE‐FOR‐SERVICE”
- Schedule B, column C heading now reads “NURSING FACILITY MA COMMUNITY HEALTHCHOICES”
- Schedule B, column E heading (formerly column D) now reads “NURSING FACILITY MA LIFE”
Below are the before and after snippets of the changes:
Note: Items noted in red are the changes that will take place moving forward.
Standard File Validation Table:
Providers will also see changes to the Standard File Validation Table. The following changes include:
- A new column D has been added to Validations for Schedule B
- The Description of Cost Report Element for Schedule B, columns B, C and E have been changed to match the column headings on Schedule B in the Appendix
- The validation for Schedule C, column F, lines 1-8, 10-11, and 13-32 has been changed to read “Must be >= 0. Column D + E must = column F.”
|C1F||Available cost||Column D + E must = column F.|
|C2F||Available cost||Column D + E must = column F.|
|C2F||Available cost||Must be >=0. Column D + E must = column F.|
|C3F||Available cost||Must be >=0. Column D + E must = column F.|
- The Sequence # column is updated to reflect the addition of the new column in Schedule B
The Description of Document on Schedule C, line 40, column A was changed to read:
Schedules to support an entry of other than blank or zero on Schedule C, line 40. Submit a reconciliation of the gross wages reported on the MA-11 to the gross wages reported on the payroll registers net of the accruals and reconciling entries. Suggested format for salary reconciliation is located on Pennsylvania’s NFRP website: http://nfrp.panfsubmit.com.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact Jennifer Matoushek, Senior Consultant, at 717.213.3130 or email@example.com.